Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Three Weeks Left for the Snow!!!

We've nearly finalised the details for the trip to Hotham -- we'll be renting out an entire lodge at Dinner Plain (10KM from Hotham) and going in two cars (8 of us), and will be leaving on Friday (14th) afternoon so I can be on time for my gig at 10PM. I haven't finalised the time for my gig at Dinner Plain Hotel on Saturday night, but that can wait.

The snow depth isn't that good right now, but hopefully there'll be enough snow by mid July. Only a beginner's slope -- the Big D, is currently open for skiing.

Looks like the new $6 million project at Dinner Plain -- The Dinner Plain Central, has been completed and is ready for use! It has got a small shopping area, plenty of spas and well-being-related stuff like that, , a restaurant, cafe, 15m swimming pool, etc.!! Hotham Central has also been renovated (worth $8 million) so will have to check that out too. Apparently all this construction is a part of a 10 year, $500 million project, which will make Hotham on par with some of America's and Europe's best ski resorts! But, I won't hold my breath.

No comments: