Sunday, February 22, 2004

RMIT Computer Science and IT Orientation

I DJed at the RMIT Orientation BBQ for CS/IT students, in the Sunken Gardens next to RMIT building 11. I hired two JBL 15" Horn Speakers (300 Watt -- 900 Watt (RMS) @ peak) + AMP (2 x 620 Watt) from a place in Fitzroy for $85 (am I crazy? Let me know). It was a bit of a hassle to carry the speakers by taxi-van to the evenue!. I had to ask strangers to help me carry them to where they were to be set up. It was a 15 minute late start by the time I got them to work. Started with a bit of RnB, moved onto Reggae and back to HipHop/RnB towards the end. There was a complaint about the volume because there were interviews going on in a nearby building so I had to turn the speakers away from that building and reduce the volume a bit. I performed for about 1 and half hours and I think people enjoyed the music. In the end, one of the cooks at the BBQ spoke with me and asked if I would be interested in DJing for 21st birthday parties. Turns out that he's a professional DJ and he thinks he's a bit too old for 21st parties and said he'd call me if he was asked to do any :-) Despite the happy day, I spent 2 hours and 22 minutes waiting for a station wagon taxi to return the speakers, that never arrived. I returned them the next day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo world[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.

Anonymous said...

i seriously adore your own writing style, very interesting,
don't give up and keep posting considering the fact that it just simply worth to read it.
looking forward to read much of your stories, good bye!