Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Buying Music Online

I'm so tempted to start buying Vinyl online. Some online stores sell records for around $15 each and some others for $17 each with free shipping for purchases of over $100. The only thing holding me back is the time it takes for the records to reach me, and also the fear of getting warped records or music I don't like (I get to hear only a 30 second - 1 min clip of the track). I can buy from Rhythm and Soul for about $18 per record and I get to take them home straight away, and I can make sure they're all good stuff.

Downloading music online (legally!) is also another thing that I keep thinking about, but I never seem to be able to make up my mind. Should I spend around $2.50 per track and start using CDs as well, or just buy the track on Vinyl for around $9 each (considering each record has about 2 tracks that I will like on average)? Buying on Vinyl makes the track a good collector's item, whereas burning on CD doesn't have the same effect. Also, if you want you can always burn the record onto CD. But most importantly, I hate messing around with CD players I've never seen, 2 minutes before a gig!

Hmmm...I think I'll sleep on it.

No comments: