Monday, April 03, 2006

Friday night @Inck Lounge

Had my first gig @Inck Lounge last Friday night 5Pm - 7.30Pm. Probably the earliest set I've ever played. In the beginning I had to keep the volume down and play some layed back tunes, but even then someone complained it was too loud. I reduced a bit more but couldn't reduce any further as I could barely hear the music myself! Thanks to me, the foldback speaker wasn't connected as I thought I'd be fine without it, but it started getting pretty loud in there and I could barely hear the beats at one point. I've learnt from my mistake!

I played 2.5 hours of pure Chicago style US House! The DJ playing after me had pretty much the same record collection as me, so it was a fairly smooth changeover.

Looks like they're getting the flyers together for the Chicago House Friday nights we've got planned and looks like it's all set to start within a week or two!

No comments: