Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Starting a Wednesday Night?

I was walking to the bars around Chapel Street and surrounding areas, talking to the managers regarding starting a night. I got to this bar close to Chapel Street, on Toorak Road, where there was a Wednesday night available if I wanted to start something. But there was a (huge) catch. I'd have to pay for promotion, for the bouncer and will only get the door charge as payment (e.g. if 50 people come on the night and I charge $5 per head, I get $250 for the night).

Sounds good if I manage to get 50 people, but I doubt a lot of people would want to come over on a Wednesday night, considering also that there's a door charge, albeit very affordable. But even if I do get the 50 people, I'd still have to pay the bouncer and for the promotion, so I wonder how much I could go home with?

I guess I would have done it in the past just for the experience, but right now, I can't afford to. If I was payed an hourly rate I'd possibly consider it. Otherwise, I'm better off going around and playing at a couple of open decks sessions instead!

No comments: