Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mint Nightclub Brighton

Mint is a very classy and popular bar/nightclub located on the busy Church Street in Brighton. I had the pleasure of playing there last night, and I found myself wondering why I had never been there before. From what I hear from my bro. and his friends, Fridays and Saturdays @ Mint are a full house. For a Wednesday, last night wasn't too bad with a good 50 or so people by 10.30PM. By the time I left at 11.30 it looked like the party was just getting started.

I can see why some of Australia's best DJs (e.g. John Course, Grant Smillie) have played at Mint -- they've got a top-of-the-range DJ setup, including 2xCDJ1000s, 2xTechnics 1200s with Ortofon DJ-S/E carts, a DJM3000 and even a separate 10-or-so band equalizer for that extra control! The DJ booth, like the club, has got plenty of space, and the powerful monitor speaker sits on a stylish silver barrel. There's even a separate silver barrel for the record crate so DJs can look through their crates in style!

"What do they have for us punters?" I hear you say. Well, other than the stylish bar serving some of the best summer cocktails, there's also huge dancefloor, pool table, speakers placed strategically throughout the floor, fancy lasers and even smoke machines. And if the full-house on a Saturday night ever starts making you feel stuffy, go out for a smoke -- Brighton beach is just 2 minutes away!

No comments: