Thursday, November 09, 2006

DJ Luvvy - Bop [Original] - Unreleased

bop1[bop] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, bopped, bop‧ping.

–noun
1. Also called bebop. early modern jazz developed in the early 1940s and characterized by often dissonant triadic and chromatic chords, fast tempos and eccentric rhythms, intricate melodic lines punctuated by pop-tune phrases, and emphasizing the inventiveness of soloists. Compare cool jazz, hard bop, modern jazz, progressive jazz.

This is my very first House track, made with GarageBand on the Mac, using the samples, drums, etc. provided in the original version of GarageBand. The track has got a groovy (but repetitive!) bass, a few quirks that make it have a slightly west-coast House sound, and fairly hard hitting drums. I preferred slightly softer drums, but GarageBand doesn't seem to have the exact sound I want, or at least I couldn't find it! I might sample drums from tracks I like in the future.

I've decided to call it Bop because most of the song has a short sample of an organ, which sounds like someone's saying 'Bop'! Also, the track has got some eccentric rhythms, like those found in the bebop sounds of the 1940s.

Since it's only my first track, and since I don't really think it's such a good tune, I doubt it's going to end up on a record label, so I'm happy to give it out for free. Also, I'll probably make slight changes to the track, after playing it out a couple of times and based on any feedback I get from others. It also needs to be mastered before it can be played on big sound-systems.

I will be making it available on Download.com sometime in the near future, but until then you can download it from here. Feel free to leave some (positive or negative!) feedback below. You can have a listen to it on little music player on the left.

No comments: