Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Exporting Blogger to Myspace!

So I finally went right ahead and got myself a Myspace account. If you don't know what Myspace is (i.e. you've been living in a cave for the past few months), it is the largest blog-centric networking site (or at least, that's my definition of it), and has over 120 million users worldwide, which means, not a lot of people can compete with it, not Blogger, not Wordpress, not Typepad -- no one.


But the problem is, although it's very popular, Myspace has very primitive support for blogging, video and pictures, compared to (say) Blogger, YouTube and Photobucket. So it's only natural for people to want to integrate their Photobucket, Blogger/Wordpress/Typepad, YouTube etc. accounts into Myspace. For me, it's this blog that needs to be integrated into Myspace.

So I went and searched for ways of achieving this, and after many hours of frustration, came across a website called Nooz. Nooz basically allows you to use the RSS Feed that blog sites provide, and make a widget (i.e. image-like thing) out of it. The widget shows you the latest (top 10) posts from your blog, and on clicking this widget, the reader will be taken to the Nooz website where the full details of the blog posts can be seen.

So I created my widget from Nooz (despite what some websites say about Nooz being user-unfriendly), and added the widget to my Myspace site, and it works like a charm! A screen-shot of my Myspace page is shown below.




Apparently, Rhapsody also provides such a service, but you have to live in the U.S. to be able to use it. Since Nooz seems to do the trick for me, I'll stick to it. But if I want a more user-friendly interface in future (e.g. if I want users to be able to click on links within the widget and see the full details of the post) I'll need to start looking at other options.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Luvvy, LOVE your Blog and thanks for all of your tips on Blogging! Hey I see Gwen is back say hi to her and your brother for us! Hope to see you guys soon anyways! take care Charmane, Ashan, Chei and Harmony girl

Webmaster said...

No probs!

Yeah Gwen is back from her holiday. Catch ya'l soon!