Monday, October 09, 2006

5+ Hours @ Hush, and DJ Lessons!

I played at the first early Sunday Lounge session today, and I quite liked the change! There was barely anyone at the bar the whole time, but I enjoyed not getting any requests, and spending some time with a friend/student of mine working at the bar. Since I had to play a long set, I decided to offer him some DJ lessons to pass the time and it turned out to be quite interesting -- for one thing, I learnt that being able to DJ and being able to teach someone how to DJ are two different things!! He was happy with the crash course though, and he'll be back for more next Sunday.

There was also a girl working at the bar who wanted me to teach her how to DJ next Sunday. Needless to say (being the loyal fiance that I am) -- I'm a tad hesitant about that one. I really don't think me giving one-one DJ lessons to a drunk girl at a bar is what Val would want to write home about.

Anyway, back to why I enjoyed my set. Since I started at 4PM, it was still bright outside, and I could see a bit of the city through the balcony. There was also some nice cool breeze coming through the balcony, and as I had the place all to myself, it turned out to be quite an enjoyable evening. Look forward to next Sunday -- although I'm hoping I don't have to play 5+ hours again, I'm starting to get some serious neck/back pains!

Edit: Damn, how could I forget the good chat I had with dj oldfart from ITM and his friend Lawrence, towards the latter part of the night. That teaches me not to post when I'm tired! Anyway, thanks heaps for the good company guys!

No comments: