Tuesday, October 10, 2006

DJing Related Injuries

After a chat with some friends at Hush Bar last Sunday, it got me thinking whether DJing will get me in trouble when I get older. Even right now I've got some trouble with my back and neck, which is always either cracking (I mean, like you know -- cracking your knuckles, that kind of cracking) or hurting. I'm pretty sure this is because of DJing, but could also be due to my bad posture, long hours infront of a PC, and at one point, a bad mattress! Another potential future problem is loss of hearing, but since I don't play at clubs that often this shouldn't become a problem.

Instead of tilting my head while DJing, I'm going to try and keep the headphones fixed on the head, and use my left hand to push the left headphone closer to my ear, or increase the headphone volume instead. But then there's the back pain caused by the constant bending down to browse through records, which I can only fix by either switching to CDs (not an option!), or getting a chair high enough to keep my record case on.

Hmmm...I'm surprised there's not a lot of articles on Google regarding DJing related injuries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Luvvy....
We love ya even if you do play "House"

take care
Ashan & Charmane

Webmaster said...

Haha! I feel like the prodigal son. But this time, he's never going back!!

Muahahaha (<--- evil laugh).