Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Exporting Blogger to ITM!

ITM provides a free blog for members, so I decided to do something similar to what I did when I exported www.djluvvy.net to Myspace. Unlike Myspace, the ITM blog template allows JavaScript, Frames and PHP, so the process of integrating www.djluvvy.net into my ITM blog was much easier.

Basically, I found an awesome site called RSS-Info which asks you to type in your RSS feed URL, and it then generates an RSS feed reader in the language of your choice (i.e. JavaScript, PHP or iFrames). You then copy and paste the code to your ITM blog template (or any website), and you get live RSS feeds delivered directly to your website!! So now, my ITM blog gets content directly from www.djluvvy.net. You can even customise the look and feel of your RSS feed so it matches your website/blog. When you click on titles from the ITM blog, you are taken to the corresponding post at www.djluvvy.net (although no one really needs to click on titles in the ITM blog, as the full content of each post will be shown anyway). Here are a few pic of what my ITM blog looks like!

One of the main problems with reading RSS feeds is that, the content is not necessarily shown by the date on which the initial post was made. E.g. I had to re-post some of my older posts (see the 'Dinner Plain Hotel video' in the above pic) last night to include them in an extra category called 'Videos', but the RSS reader thinks that this old post was recent -- i.e. it doesn't look at the actual date of the post in blogger.

No comments: