Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hush Bar II

The new records I bought form Mezabel sounds awesome!! That, and I started getting the hang of the unserviced turntables at Hush Bar, which were causing myself and Mike Jules a lot of trouble on the first Sunday Lounge session. So it turned out to be a very fun night. To add to the fun, some of my friends from RMIT turned up, along with my brother and a couple of his friends!

The problem with the turntables is that the pitch drops suddenly if the pitch control is too close to the centre, but works a bit better the further the pitch control is from the centre. But to be safe, the best way to mix is to beatmatch with headphones, and to do the actual mix without headphones, i.e. by listening to the sound from the speaker.

To add to the difficulties, there is no monitor, so there is a lag between the headphones and the closest speaker, which means that mixing with headphones is really not recommended!

Mike played some really nice jazzy stuff. I think he was actually playing jazz (!!), but added some House beats to it, on and off, which sounded very nice and unique. Each of us played for about 3 hours each.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»