Saturday, July 29, 2006

1000 Posts on ITM

So I've reached 1000 posts in an online forum called ITM (www.inthemix.com.au) today. Should I be happy? Or should I be dissapointed as to why I have spent so much time on a newsgroup?

Well I think most of my posts have contributed something to the discussions, or at least I've tried to genuinely make a contribution of some sort.

I've also learnt a lot by being a part of the ITM community, and I've made heaps of friends. I've learnt a lot about DJing through other DJs, about the technology (turntables, cartridges, records, mixers, etc.), about events, etc. etc. It's also via ITM that I got DJs for the Tsunami Fundraiser Pool Party that I organised last year, which eventually led to a whole lot of gigs for me afterwards!

ITM is also a reasonable advertising medium for our Sunday Lounge sessions at Hush Bar!

But, no I don't feel any happiness about reaching 1000 posts. What I do feel happy about is what I've managed to get from the ITM community, and what I've (hopefully) managed to give. A post count number attached to my nick really doesn't make any difference.

No comments: