Monday, July 17, 2006

Hotham 06!

Snow was a bit dissapointing this year at Mt. Hotham. There were only a few good dumps and there was a lot of rain that followed, which washed away a lot of the snow. By the time we went on the trip there was only about 55 cms in man-made areas.

But to make up for a bad season, I had a good time spinning some tunes at Swindlers Balcony!



Swindlers Balcony was an awesome bar/club with the most amazing balcony I've ever seen, overlooking a ski run. Although there wasn't much snow at Hotham, there was plenty of snow in the balcony. I got to play at Swindlers on both Friday night and Saturday evening -- a total of close to five hours. I got some good feedback from (I think) the manager who said my set on Friday night was appropriate and that it had a good flow. There wasn't enough people at the bar on Friday, mainly because there wasn't a lot of people at Hotham, but there was a good 75-100 people most of the time, which was a good enough class size for me to educate!



The DJ setup consisted of Ecler Nuo 3 mixer, and two technics 1200's with Ortofon concordes. That was the first time I'd used an Ecler mixer and I found the eq's very accurate (I think they were full-kill eq's where you can kill the low/mid/high range completely on turning the appropriate knob anti-clockwise).












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»