Tuesday, February 13, 2007

RMIT Orientation (Brunswick) Video

There were heaps of people there today (around 150 at peak time I think), and plenty of food, stalls, entertainment, and even a couple of speeches. I played the first set (11am-12pm), but I only played for about 40 mins as we got delayed by about 20 minutes. After that two brothers played the guitar and sang some popular alternative/pop songs for an hour, after which I played for another hour, and finally another guitarist finished it off with a solo performance.

I played some house as usual. Mostly vocal stuff and a few house remixes of popular tunes. At one point I was searching for a 'happy' Kaskade remix ("Gonna make it") which I thought people would enjoy, but unfortunately I had left at home. In the end, no one danced, but I wasn't expecting anyone to either at Orientation! There was quite a crowd towards the end of my first set, but not a lot of people hung around after lunch, which was when I started my second set.

They had a good DJ setup (RCF 300A speakers pumping out 360 Watts RMS, DJM 300, 2xTechnics and two foldbacks). I was told that they'll be hiring two subwoofers for the city orientation, to be used along with the speakers, as a crowd of around 500 is expected!

Here's a short (5 min) video of what happened today. It's mostly the guitarists that I've recorded, with a bit of me messing around with the eq's towards the end of the video.

No comments: