Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Orientations, a beach party and a new thursday night!!

A few interesting events happening in the next couple of weeks, and all of which I'll be involved in at some level, either as a DJ or punter.

Tomorrow I've got a private function lined up for the orientation of 60 foreign exchange students at RMIT Village from 7pm to 11pm. I'll be hiring two Behringer B300 speakers for it (200 Watts RMS on each), which I think will be sufficient for 60 people indoors. I'll be taking my turntables and Numark dual CD players as well.

Day after (Thursday) I'll be meeting up with Luke (DJ Pound) to organise a new night we're starting at Lustre Lounge! It's like old times for me, since Lustre Lounge was the very first bar I've played at, and I was the resident there for around two years. Lustre will be the perfect venue for some chill-out House music on Thursdays, so we'll be starting that up soon!

Next week on Wed and Thurs I've got the RMIT Orientations where I'll be playing for an hour or two on each day. Wednesday is the main orientation in the city campus (which I've really been looking forward to playing at!!) and Thursday is the RMIT Bourke St. orientation. Although I'm not sure how big the latter is going to be, I'm looking forward to it nonetheless!

Finally, next Saturday, Mike Jules will be doing his beach party again, which promises to be bigger and better than ever!! The last beach party held a couple of weeks ago (which I missed unfortunately) was much bigger than the first, and the third seems to be heading towards the biggest beach party yet!

So yeah, keep an eye on this blog for the next month or so, for some pictures, videos and news!!

No comments: