Tuesday, February 27, 2007

How stupid can I get?

Apparently the manager of the whole RMIT Village -- who was present at my last week's gig -- was happy with the music, and happy with the fact that I listened to him when he asked me to turn the volume down! As a result, I've scored myself another gig at the Social Bar and Cafe tomorrow, but this time for about 200 students.

OK so how does that make me stupid? Well, my stupidity arises as a result of me, again, needing to carry my two turntables instead of CD players, and two crates of Vinyl with a total about 130 records instead of a CD folder. As if that's wasn't heavy enough, I've got 70kgs worth of speakers to carry -- the same Behringer B300s I rented last week!!

Why am I so stupid you ask? Well, it's complicated. First of all, I haven't had the time to burn all my Vinyl onto CDs, so that I could take my dual-CD players, that would weigh around 10kg, instead of the turntables and records that weigh around 45kg. Second, I had charged them last week for the Behringer B300s, which was the cheapest pair of speakers I could find, so it will be difficult to get (lighter) speakers that cost more from elsewhere, and justify it!

Anyway, I need to get a bit more organised if I do mobile DJing frequently. The first step is to buy some second hand speakers (preferably under 20kgs each), and then I'll have to start the time consuming job of ripping all my records onto CDs. Wait a minute... is that even legal?

No comments: