Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Making full use of Vinyl

Last Sunday I was feeling a bit sick, and I thought it was because I didn't sleep well the previous night. My neck felt stiff and my eyes were aching. Little did I know that I'd end up with a bad case of food poisoning on Sunday night! The stiff neck and eye ache was probably because of very high blood pressure, in addition to the bad sleep.

Anyway, besides feeling sick on Sunday, I was also feeling bored, so I thought I'd put back my Vinyls in their appropriate cases. I have a bad habit of not putting the records in their proper cases when playing, since I'm usually in a hurry, and the last time I played it was so dark that I couldn't even see the covers.

While putting the records in the cases, I realised that there were a lot of tracks that I have rarely played, and some that I have not played at all. Most of the time I only play my favourite track from a record, resulting in forgetting about the rest. So I decided I'd play at home for about one and half hours, with the set consisting only of unplayed tracks.

It was fun!! The mixing could have been better, because I spent a lot of time searching and listening to tracks. But it was good to hear a lot of fresh music. Most of these were downbeat tracks, but a lot of them were the bumpy stuff I liked. Looks like I'll have a lot of fresh tunes to play at my next set!

No comments: