Monday, September 25, 2006

Busiest HushBar Yet!

So I go over to Hush Bar for the regular Sunday Night session at 7PM, and the bar tender comes running over to me a few minutes later, and asks me if I've got any 'dancy' music. I said I don't, and that I've only got my regular Sunday night house music. Then he goes into panic mode, and asks me whether I can tell Mike to bring some 'dancy' music, but I told him that Mike won't be coming in. Then he goes into exreme-panic mode and tells me that there are three b'day parties scheduled for the night, with 350+ people! At that point I felt the need to search my crate, and to my luck, there was a dusty old CD wallet sitting inside with a lot of cheesy tunes. Suffice to say, that CD wallet saved my life.

The place started getting packed from 7.30, and by 7.45 there were already people on the dance floor. Until 9, people were dancing to (real) house, which I found quite satisfying, but after 9 I had to switch to a combination of House and cheese, and by 9.30 I was playing full on cheese. From then on, requests kept flooding in like a tsunami, and the dance floor just kept getting packed all the way until we closed at 1.45.

I think it's fair to say that last night was the most tiring gig ever -- not because I had to keep standing for 6.5 hours, but mainly because of all the requests, talking and searching through (mostly unknown) cheese that I had to do inbetween. Big ups to Boogs for playing 8 hour sets and Lounge every Saturday!!

On the positive side, I broke my personal world record for the longest set, which previously stood at 6 hours to an all new and improved 6.5 hours (yippee!). Also, last night was the first time I've played to such a large crowd (followed closely by the RMIT CS/IT Orientation a couple of years ago). Here are some pics, taken mostly from around the DJ booth.

No comments: