Monday, September 18, 2006

4 Hours @ Hush

I played for 4 hours at Hush last night, but I was playing to an empty bar most of the time so I left immediately afterwards. I was thinking of playing for the full 6.5 hours and breaking my previous record of 6 hours, but it didn't seem busy enough for them to continue until 1.30am, which is when I would have reached my personal world record target.

Hush Bar, just like many other bars, doesn't seem to be doing too well on Sundays. I think the main reason is because it is hidden inside Melbourne Central, which prevents random walk-ins from passers by on the streets. Another reason could be because it is a fairly large bar, and needs quite a few people to make it look busy. So it ends up looking empty most of the time, which deters people from coming in (no one wants to come into an empty bar!).

The management has this neat trick they use when the bar looks empty -- they cover the entrance so people can't see if there's anyone inside or not!! It seems to do the trick most of the time, but the manager wasn't there yesterday to try it out, which resulted in the dj going home early!

No comments: