Sunday, May 07, 2006

Seven Nightclub Door Policy?

Just got back from Seven Nightclub -- went to see Clint Hargreaves play some Chicago House at a new night that was being tested, but as I had suspected, I wasn't let in, even after I said I was on the guest-list. Reason was "members only" -- but a lot of non-members were let in because they were female.

I'm sure the bouncers had their reasons (e.g. trying to get a proper male-female balance in the club), but I was on the guest-list, and the club was supposed to be testing to see how many people would come for this new night. Unfortunately it didn't look like the bouncers had the faintest clue. Soon afterwards the bouncers got into a fight with a bunch of people in the queue. The people in the queue started it by getting verbal, but looked like the bouncers took it as an opportunity to take out their frustration. So instead of trying to push them away, the bouncers started provoking them further.

I left soon afterwards -- the bouncers' bulk seemed to be compressing their brains. They were acting like such retards that I wouldn't have been let in even if I had owned the place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»