Monday, February 27, 2006

Singapore Record Hunting

I was in Singapore last week so I strolled into HMV with my uncle to check out some Vinyl prices. I was surprised to find that on average a Vinyl costed only around AU$14, which is around AU$5 cheaper than Melbourne! Unfortunately HMV only had mostly hard house so I ended up buying only three commercial tunes.

A few days later I found another record store called Roxy Music, opposite the popular Funan shopping centre. Roxy Music had much more of the type of music I was after, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to go through their collection. So I ended up returning to Melbourne with just the three records I had purchased from HMV.

Looks like I'll have to add Singapore to my list of record hunting countries! New York was also good (Virgin Megastore on Times Square was the only place I had visited), but I had way too many records in my suitcase on that visit that I didn't have any space left for more records. I'll also have to see if Dubai has cheap records since I tend to go their often. I think record prices in Dubai will be similar to Singapore, but I'll have to wait for a few months to find out!

No comments: