Thursday, February 02, 2006

Lustre Lounge has come a long way!

Recently I did a google search on "Lustre Lounge" and was surprised to see so many nice articles about the bar. I always knew Lustre Lounge was a good bar, but I didn't realise how many good reviews and forum posts there were about it until today. Looks like the bar has come a long way to be currently regarded as one of Melbourne's most renowned boutique venues!

It has nearly been two years since I started playing at Lustre (2 years this March!), and Lustre Lounge was my first real introduction to the world of DJing (I had only done private parties before then). It was difficult to play at Lustre in the beginning, since the manager was very specific about the type of House music he wanted me to play, making it a point to tell me before I start playing, if he didn't like something I played the previous week! Also, if a mix went wrong during my set, he would make it very clear that he wasn't impressed! But I think it was because of his criticisms that I was forced to learn quickly about House music and to learn how to mix well. Before Lustre lounge I could only play RnB.

A bit later on, after I got settled in, it was just a lot of fun playing there -- the constant (constructive) feedback from the bar staff and the friendliness of the owners (not to mention the long chat sessions at the end of the night!) made it a very enjoyable venue to play at. It was ultimately because of the experience I had gained at Lustre Lounge that I was able to get gigs at other bars/events.


Here are some of the reviews I had found on google about Lustre Lounge.

Melbourne Pubs
Fast Impressions
Backpack Victoria
Mietta's
Melbourne Australia .com .au

No comments: